Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I protect my face in a tanning bed??

30 minutes before tanning, I always apply sunscreen to my face since sunscreen takes about that long to soak all the way into your skin. I always keep a towel over my face too but I heard that UV rays can pass through anything that water can. So I'm thinking the towel isn't enough. Is there any kind of product out there specifically FOR indoor tanning use on the face?? Maybe an aftercare product?? I don't want to have to pay the price 20 years later with age spots and wrinkling skin..so anything preventative im willing to try.

How do I protect my face in a tanning bed??
UV rays penetrate the spaces in loosely woven fabrics, so a towel folded over two or three times would block most UV. A couple layers of blue denim would would block all UV.
Reply:Unless your doctor has recommended tanning as treatment for a skin disorder, there is no reason to use a tanning bed. The fact is, you WILL pay the price in 20 years with age spots, wrinkles, and leathery skin. Sure, the tan looks great. But 20 years will sneak up on you before you know it, and you will be sorry you ever set foot in a tanning bed. I am 50 years old, always took care of my skin, and still look very young. My tanned friends of the same age look even older than they really are. Trust me, looking young when you get older beats having a tan when you are young.

dental hygienist

No comments:

Post a Comment